here are some news about the social program for ALCOMA 15 and the possibilities for recreation after long hours of talks.
- Sunday 15th, 7pm-11pm: Franconian buffet (Bierstübla)
- Monday 16th, 7pm: Reception (Kaisersaal)
- Tuesday 17th, 6pm: Guided tour through the monastery
- Thursday 19th, 7pm: Conference Dinner
- Wednesday 18th, 2pm: Excursion to Bamberg
- Wednesday 18th, 6:30pm: Dinner at “Schlenkerla”, Bamberg
After the eruption of the vulcano Eyjafjallajökull in Island during ALCOMA 10 we had to work hard to top that.
And indeed, with a little luck, during ALCOMA 15 we all will enjoy one of the rare total solar eclipses of the 21th century:
- Friday 20th, 9:45am (UTC): Total solar eclipse
In Kloster Banz the eclipse will be only partially, the center will be - again - close to Island.
in Kloster Banz you can use (for free)
- Indoor swimming pool (open 6am-8am, 1pm-11pm)
- Sauna area (open 6:30pm-11pm)
- Fitness studio
- Bowling alley (opens 8pm)
In the foyer of Kloster Banz and around the lecture rooms there will be free W-LAN. But due to the thick walls of the monastery in most rooms there is no access to the internet (beside the non-free T-Mobile Hotspot).
The German Bahn offers good prices if you book online in advance. So, do not hesitate to book your train journey online via http://bahn.de.